Benefits of using Steel Frames for your next home
- Steel has excellent dimensional stability reducing the likelihood of cracks in linings and nails popping with associated call back.
Health & Safety
- Sensitive Choice Partner. The NZ Asthma Foundation has endorsed AxxisTM framing because:
- Steel is an inert material which does not contain hazardous preservative chemicals,
- Does not support mould growth and does not give off poisonous gases or emit VOCs. Improve indoor air quality and reduce the risk of respiratory problems including asthma.
- Steel is non-combustible in the event of fire
- Steel frames are approximately 1/3rd the weight of timber framing making them easier and safer to erect and transport.
Fewer Construction Delays
- Steel will not absorb moisture so there are no cladding/lining delays caused by wet framing.
- Frames incorporate pre-punched holes for plumbing and electrical services.
Peace of Mind
- Durability of New Zealand Steel AxxisTM framing is backed by a 50 year material warranty
- Future-Proof Building Partner. AxxisTM framing as a New Zealand Steel product is part of the FPB program giving all home owners the confidence of quality and good investment.
- Steel frames are manufactured to tolerances of less than 1mm by computer controlled roll formers, minimizing waste
- Steel is 100% recyclable ad infinitum